Friday, May 25, 2012

science, pragmatism. duck prosthesis

……..Science


Fifty years ago if someone ask a scientist if he believed in God, He would most likely say, of course not I am a scientist. Today if you ask a scientist he may just say of course I do, without a doubt I am a scientist. This probably is the greatest scientific breakthrough of the millennia and salvation for mankind. Research can prove today we are connected, connected to each other in a science lab. Leading researchers know that south Africa is the Mecca for medical research due to liberal ethics policies in the name of medical science. The entire African continent is a smorgasbord of medical study owing to no shortage of volunteers/victims, in various states of health, disease, malnourishment, wars, much human suffering and calamity. Meager rewards are offered up for guinea pigs, or for certain tissues like kidneys or donors for whatever. Victims to exploit. Believe me, the guinea pigs are fed better than seventy-percent of the whole African population. I reserve the African political and social trains to spot later.

 I thought I would share some hope that we may see this thing through. It is no secret that science has make it possible to remove live tissue from one and insert onto anther. A heart can be made to function independent of the body, this we know. Biopsies are routinely ordered on diseased hearts, they also perform these biopsies on healthy areas of the same hearts and sent to pathologist worldwide for comparison studies, and or diagnosis of disease. The live tissue is kept in a sterile medium that mimics the hearts natural environment; they can even apply mild electrical current that stimulates the heart or tissue to contract. No big deal, right? What if this living tissue sample spontaneously begins to contract with its hosts exact rhythm in the test dish. Can do. What if the tissue sample was sitting in another continent some 6 thousand miles away. How did that tissue sample know when to beat in rhythm all by itself, the unmistakable exact rhythm of its host? No wires or blood vessels gonna reach that far. Because of an invisible connection unknown and unseen, but they are connected science now agrees. That is proof of God in the lab in my book. Concrete empirical truth. Scientist now agree there is order amid the chaos of the universe, an intelligent design, order by unknown source. It may be a jump, but if a part of the heart knows when to get in tune with its source, we can realize as men we are connected and recognize God as our source, now that science is starting to come around to truth, Cool huh? There is always hope. Smart guys looking at biology today can openly express their faith in science circles. That is the real science break-through. Christian science scholars can prove God in the laboratory now that the atheist were forced to let them in. This is a good thing for mankind. Pragmatist like me have to have proof.

.......................keep fighting the good fight, with your minds as weapons........................

………………………………....Kosmicdebris



Early Birds

  Oh , look he has dropped his banner;

I consider F. Scott Fitzgerald one of our modern forbearers of pragmatism: "the true test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function, one should for instance, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determine to make them otherwise."

 I gave my self a challenge a few years ago to be as honest as I knew how to be. And search for my truth, my raison d'etre. To figure on what I believe and why. Without out any props, a from memory improvised deal. What I believe on paper so I could see where I was lying to myself. All I could come up with was a few lines of scripture I had committed to my hard drive as a kid, thousands of gigs of songs about what I believe; but those few verses kicked off a landslide in my life; told me I was connected to everything else in this world and someone has been looking out for me; someone from heaven. Turns out I was good. I had to write it down, state what I believe in writing on paper. So if God ask I wont have to look at my notes.

 If a man cant tell another what he believes, he hasn't a voice worth hearing.

 I sort of got this idea from soren kirkigaard, he used to give his class an assignment to write down who they were/is d' etre and then without using labels. Not family roles such as father, mother, brother. Not professional labels, spiritual or church rolls, nothing, no stereo-types of social convention. Who are you? It's not easy. What is your reason for being, larry. A after a few lines I had nothing, might as well stomp on my toe to arouse any passion. Maybe I could produce reams of what I believe with a surprise involuntary colonic for inspiration, just pitiful. I realized I would not know truth if it come up and bite me in the ass. So I set about reading, I read the bible, surveyed the great religions text,  I read obscure history, read auto/biographies first for no second hand opinions. Met Joseph Campbell, went inside Plato's cave,(with a spiritual flash light), walking Ockham's razor painfully,  I surveyed mythology and philosophy and the latter was more frightening of the two. Truth. The riddles of the sphinx. Theology I did prudishly wade, this is the crux of the biscuit. The meaning of life..........you get what you give.....reap/sow.    My philosophy is use 'Ockhams razor' and not cast labels nor aspersions.  "Follow your bliss not your blisters"
  
Arm-chair pragmatism:

Early Bird,
Oh, if you're a bird be an early bird and catch the worm for your breakfast plate.
If your a bird be an early early bird………………………..
But if you're a worm, sleep late............ shel silverstein

Sometimes I go to bed early as the bird and wake-up late as the worm. I only get up bird-early when I am hungry, and sleep worm-late when I'm not. Ever wonder how many people there would be in the world if it wasn't for birth control, abortions, bullet/but-holes and blowjobs? I do. Man cannot stop a souls light from shinning through, I think contraception has little to do with the equation when all is said and done.

Pragmatism
Pragmatism is a word in ordinary use, with senses that range from a term of abuse to a term of art. From time to time, a professional philosopher will pick up the banner of pragmatism with very little awareness, or little more than a nodding acknowledgment, of those who bore it before, and run off in a direction that bears but token kinship to the aims of its forbearers.

Pragmatism as a philosophy, as common sense, practical outcomes for the common good that benefit all mankind and me as a man least of all is where I found my bridge between intellectual science, empirical knowledge of monkeys and the formless truth of perfect thought, thereby opening the metaphysical door to spiritual infinity. Where all things are possible.

 Atheist have no arguments for as to why the bible is the only everlasting document that, when compared to all other documents of the ancients, never changed and kept its original meaning. Passing thought 1000's of generations of socially filtered culture. Tells me it's no accident. Voltaire had to concede the fact the Hebrew documents remained unchanged was unexplainable. They do not know why Jesus is not in his tomb, while all their profits still lay.

 Social scientist say that is impossible that for to be, historical perversions has occurred with all others history notes. Historians admit the actual crucifixion happened or it wouldn't be important enough to take note of; to write about and have it today as true. Definitive proof of truth Is we still have it today unchanged. If Darwin theory where to be held true, in a million years we should have six arms and a dozen fingers on each for text messaging, driving, eating, mousing, running, and picking our nose who knows what else, maybe the Hindu were on to something with the extra extremities.

 I am firmly convinced that we as a human race are connected unseen, unknown by mechanical measure. The philosophy of pragmatism is a sturdy plank familiar to my belief system. My pragmatism was why I think pay it forward was such a good idea.

An example of a grassroots movement to show the love of God by blessing his children the opportunity to love and be loved by God. The way Christ paid it forward for our eternal souls. Wouldn't it just blow your mind, if after a days hard work, tired wore-out you standing in the check-out lane of the grocery store, just finishing up the transaction, the cashier tells you your groceries are paid for by an unknown benefactor? Have a nice day. Thank you , Jesus thank-you for the love-cross thing too. Wouldn't that be fantastic. If the benefactors motives were purely anonymous, unseen blessings of God will come from everywhere and begin to break into unknown areas in their life.

Pay it forward is angel tag, and we feel good about doing it; a blessing is your soul smiling, and you always know when you done good. Maybe I will stiff the collection plate this week and feed somebody else. Which dollar is God looking at? If someone did it for me I would someday in deed pay it forward. You know, I still today, when someone unexpected visits me I never let them leave without giving them something of mine to take with them when they leave, that s the Indian way, and especially if you bring for me something, they believed in pay it forward. Pay it forward's the old way.

Nothing on earth is a mistake, everything is as it should be. If society must label things, label me in the pragmatist camp; we are not going to deny stepping into cow-shit to get to the cows, cows are more important than our shitty boots. We must quit working on the barn and if teachers don't know how to use God's spiritual boots, they need to step aside and quit tracking up the place, consider forewarned. A blue car:

That henceforth be no more children tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning, whereby they lie in wait to deceive. Eph.4.14. 
 
This here verse is a spiritual bomb that will bare much calamity to the false witnesses of the riotous. Implode a mine-ministry in seconds; Pray it when needed or where. Prn.

........................keep fighting the good fight, with your minds as weapons.....................

……………………………Kosmicdebris............................


The other duck tale

The one-legged duck theory of evolution. I call it my circle theory and a discussion. Does a one-legged duck swim in circles? Is a lame duck doomed for life? Can a damaged duck learn from the osprey and albatross to take off vertically binding the wind ; doubling the strength of his wings? Will his flight path be altered owing to unequal weight distribution and resist the tendency to fly in circles, or may he gain an edge from his asymmetry; to profit from misfortune? being so selective and strong he could fly further find the richest places to grub and grow bigger, still bigger. What a blessing this leg cost. In addition to stronger wings, he went with a tripod configuration using two-wings and the stronger one leg; wings made good crutches which made them good weapons :he had success with such a mating approach. Does faulty landing gear lead to increased mortality and opportunities for predators, or should sharpen to be keenly selective in his glide-path to safety? Most of the biggest ducks in the puddle are lame ducks; most all virgin duckettes surrender to the biggest duck voluntarily and prefer to mate on land; the water mating issues one legged ducks face are almost insur-mountable, water hazards many times have fatally claimed our stumpy brothers.

 One legged ducks learn to compensate for the absent limp and become stronger than the daffys with two good paddles. This often leads to increased mating opportunities for the crippled quakers; ducks strength of character to be passed on leaning to his left, curiously physically stronger wings stronger than the others and favors one foot over the other, like his dad, by example of his father making wider circles out into the future. The ducks offspring still swim in circles and walk with a limp though they have two healthy flippers today. Maybe, just maybe one duckling bares to the right.

I have been working on a prosthetic device fabricated out of the economical biologic polymer: balsa wood. Choose most any random summer evening my neighbors may see me sitting outside in the cool breeze propped on my steps whittling on a piece of wood with my pocket knife; I'm actually working on a duck-leg-ski-paddle-brake outfit prosthesis for Gods quackery. I wonder how to make a better duck; with my mental duck model if you start messing with too many of the parameters the model dies out.

So don't ask what I am working on or what I am thinking about when I am whittling; unless you got a minute, otherwise, you can go milk your own goat. We, my team, my cat and I are starting the Bata trials come spring, wind tunnel clocks sometime June. Nature has it's own intelligent design way above my plain plane, just trying to help out as best I can. Most of the ducks I spoke to have declined public comment claiming this was an internal duck-God matter. God said shut-up or ill snatch you other leg too, fool. Remember a duck with no legs is a divine slob that consumes more duck butter than he produces, i.e. ? Should we starve him or our children to feed him? I'm for feeding him to our hungry children, hungry dogs care not for kinship. Next time I whittle this is my target. It's hard to keep your ducks in a row. Huh God.

………….keep fighting the good fight with your minds as weapons!!.........

...........................kosmicdebris......................................
.

No comments: