Saturday, June 30, 2012

The story of Sun Sil Kim, aka Hee Young. I arrived at the Osan air base in Korea February of 1977. I was quarantined for 3 days, 2 of those days were spent on nothing but v-d education and related consequences. One day nothing but info on Korean culture and behaviors. I had been assigned to a combat support company as a 4.2-inch mortar track commander. The 2nd infantry division was spread all up and down the DMZ. My unit was stationed at Camp Casey, a fenced compound and the subsequent Korean village of Tong Du Chon that completely surrounded the compound was custom designed to separate cash from soldiers. TDC was about 10 miles from the DMZ. I am not going to be able to tell about Sun in 500 words like I have been doing my others stories. So I am going to split this into 2 or 3. I don' no, I never know what I am going to rite when I set down and open word and set the font. Ill talk about my army first. After learning everything I could from the cavalry, I felt if I was ever going to find someplace test my skills it was Korea. In the cav. my vehicle and weapons triage, communication and navigation skills, earned me a job as staff duty driver, following some officer with a shovel, I could make a colonial shit his shorts.. I didn't tell the 2nd D I knew how to drive a jeep or my secondary mos as a track and wheel mechanic, no wait, they knew, they gave it to me. I took a gamble when I put in for Korea, the job I landed there was cool with me. I was only responsible for five bodies counting mine. A four- deuce mortar track with my 50caliber machine-gun and column of four ducks for a crew. Not bad for nineteen. In country, we absolutely had each others backs. Our mission was one month on the DMZ, and one off., my combat support unit tended to come early and stay late. We had permanent gun emplacements as well as our mobile tracks, other support included working with the united nations command(assholes) at panmoonjon which was within out area of operation as well as security for the tactical operations command and debriefing and staging tents. As soon as set my stuff down on my bunk in a Quonset hut I knew I wasn't in Kansas anymore, but this here building might survive being blown there. TDC had strip of bars that catered to the G I, each bar was owned or operated by a "mama son", mama son acquired young women to work the bars, prostitution is legal, obviously. If the girls were not trying to sell you beer they were made to dance with each other many looked most unhappy. I remember one girl that was being severely chastised in Korean and sounded most unflattering. She brought me my beer in tears, Hee Young is what mama son called her. Back then I didn't know anything about sexual slavery but I didn't like what was going on. There were literally hundreds of these girls on the streets, the clubs had the "clean" ones, some desperate. The Baptist gave me a social conscience that I can't shake. I am the guy that would rent a hooker just to talk. I never really was into sex without feelings first. I could see the tension drain from her when she realized I wasn't going to make a move on her. That whole week I rented her, I liked where her hooch was, I never tried anything she was confused and suspicious. I could pass out there when I got over night passes, only ten bucks a day. She liked it because I just told her to be herself. We did this for a while till Mama son and me worked out a deal that if I paid her a 100 bucks a month Hee Young belong only to me even when I am on the D. Other wise her quota was ten bucks a day with any one. Mama son said she would sell Hee Young to me for twelve hundred dollars. After all ,mama son, She's just turned 17 and getting too old for the business. I said deal. I found out if I sent sun sil home to her parents they would likely sell her again. They sell her for the equivalent of 600 dollars u. s. The average Korean made fifty dollars a month then. Man this bothered me that I could not keep her away from that lifestyle, one she hated. Great I just bought me a dependent, ill never forget the day I told her. She wanted me to buy her best friend miss Ming too. Will see, Genuine smiles, said that she would make the best yobow I ever had, but I don't want a yobow? What's a yobow? Silly g I yobow is girlfriend. Oh , now you are my girlfriend and the melancholy club girl Hee Young is dead. She absolutely blossomed like a lotus. And just for the record she eventually made the first move on me.
Meet Sun Sil.
…………………………….Kosmicdebris
Liberty
Category: Blogging
History and those that participated are a past-time passion of mine. I rarely read fiction, although some I like. One of my favorite things to do is pick a person or event and learn all I can about him or her. I believe biographies, especially auto-bios, tend to give a more accurate account of historical events than some historian twenty years to a hundred from now. I am still way too curious to clog my mind with fiction. I have read about some of histories most colorful and cruel characters and in my imagination I was there. The French revolution, la' miserable, Robespierre, and Marot, Guie'tine shipped his head chopper all over the world. Few know or care that the Americans borrowed liberty from the French, as America struggled against the English, American liberty was a French concept first. The peasants finally rebelled against royal bureaucratic oppression and looted the local armory and prison, the Bastille. Now, I might have to say something too, about not being able to keep my own crop I just raised, trading my grain for gruel, work and grow hungrier perk. You know, I don't think anyone set Marie Antoinette down and told her about the head chopping clause in the pre-nups. The French did a deep house cleaning. Everyone that had profited, from the kings taxing enterprise, or helped, heads lopped off. All sales final, they even put the show on the road, a wagon mounted cranial cleaver, much more efficient than a rope. Kangaroo court would show up in remote villages. Village peasants had no reservation about calling out the tax reaper or anyone else we don't like. I would have been borderline and probable get my head chopped off for being an asshole in general, all it took was one accuser. The royalty that survived, humbled as only a Guie'tine can do, fled with their extremely scared, chicken shit asses and highly prized fat necks to all the surrounding kingdoms like cockroaches. The peasants sent spies with a 'stick them where they stood' policy outside jurisdictions, women too, different stick.(they are the French after all.) A monarchical and political genocidal mania, consumed with retribution, laid in like a thick fog. Eventually the temperance union settled all outstanding royal paybacks. The justice league began to turn the chopper on each other in a power grab, so much so, that the leaders of the revolution never saw the end. Uneasy lies the head of liberty. The peasants armed with the power of the people started to flourish under a republic. The French peasants stood a top thousands of severed heads, and 500 years oppression. They where never going back. We may have gotten liberty from the French, but the French got the idea for revolution from Americans.
………………………………..............Kosmicdebris
image

No comments: