Sunday, July 1, 2012

my sun shine

my sun shine
         From left to right Miss Ming, me, Sun Sil
Sun Sil was born in the Ku-mop-dong district of Soul Korea in may of 1960. Soul in 1977 was a city of six-million, back then New York City only had three-million. Ms Kim's father was retired from the military and worked as a menial clerk for the state and her mother was a faceless conformist with empty eyes like just about all the married women in Korea. My theory is this stolid female zombie syndrome is the direct result of arranged marriages. Probably same in the middle-east. Sun had the unfortunate misfortune to be born a girl. She had a younger brother that was highly prized and most spoiled. I never understood the eastern thinking regarding women's place. On the one hand women play the key role in their beliefs on creation and that yen and yang are equal and balanced. I think china has practiced femicide for centuries. What they say and what they do are incongruent. Koreans seem to be well educated, most even know how to read English but have no idea how to speak the language. The girls finish school at 14 or 15 years old, with high school being crammed into the last year of year round school. Most of the boys move on in school to prepare for compulsory military service. High marks here determines his place in the service and society. I love my kids and I just cannot understand how a father sells his daughter into sexual slavery for the equivalent of one year wages to finance his son into a better school. I could never have respect for a man like that. That feeling she felt knowing her father sold her must have been devastating to her limited self esteem. She must have felt worthless, hopeless & totally alone being forced to leave home to work in sex. These women have a permanent stigma attached and rarely escape the working women label, and consorting with Americans made her an outcast that automatically ostracized her form her own people. No Korean man would have her after sleeping with Americans, ever, my Korean army squad-member Song Su Suh told me so. The only thing it takes for evil to win is for good men to do nothing. That is how I have tried to live my life. I am no saint or crusader for social injustice, however I decorate my soul with things that I know pleases God. So at nineteen when I bought this girl and I didn't know what the hell I was going to do with her. Brevity and levity are going to prevent me from telling the rest of this story properly, however you can catch the conclusion of today's story on Oprah at four and again on Oxygen at ten pm Tuesday. If I look on the back of my hand, I see various scars from a lifetime of work, the cuts and scuffs that came from kitchens, fights, work, windows and walls. The more severe the lacerations I know exactly when and where. Mere flesh wounds, the oldest and the deepest leave scar tissue that is palpable. If I go get my sharpest knife and find the most prominent scar on the back of my hand and just slice the holyshit out of an old wound. Anyone see where I am going with this?  it really doesn't matter if I tenderly slice or viciously slice, its going to hurt like hell. Sun Sil is that scar........ the first cut is the deepest. I never stopped Loving her for one minute, in spite of my, soft American life.  real pain here
……………………………..Kosmicdebris


Venusians are commimg
Excuse me, excuse me? I'm looking for my girlfriend, are you her? This line worked for me one time at a Breakenridge ski-lodge. I guess if you ask enough times odds are a lady might just say yes. When I was stationed at Ft. Carson Colorado my buddies and I would go skiing just about every free week end. We had our own version of wedding crashers only at ski-lodge parties. We kept score and everything. My best friend, Randy met , I am assuming according to statistics, his first wife at a birthday function in Vail. I was strictly in the catch and release program at the time. Randy flipped over this girl. I had been to Randy's parents home in St. Lewis and had met Randy's fiancée, the high school sweetheart type. Funny , Randy was always the responsible type. Sticky for me since I knew both his girls and was forced many times to lie to someone I respected. I remember once, and I think I saw a similar episode on friends, I was forced to claim ownership of a pair of sunglasses and earrings left in his car, made me look bad as I was seeing her best friend at the time. Lying robs me of self respect, those ubiquitous moral fibers the Baptist imbedded in me work as intended. So along with my bearings, my military bearings the army gave me and my moral fibers I got from the Baptists I told Randy that either he chose one or I was going to tell them both. He knew I would too. Much to my chagrin he told them both. Much to his chagrin they both dumped him, one just temporarily. I am wondering whether in a similar situation would a women do the same or would she cover for her girlfriend. Because in the end both Randy's girls were mad at me, just where are the loyalty boundaries? I didn't have to read men are from mars to know women think different from men and don't get me wrong, I adore women, they are one of gods most magnificent creations. In fact I have been told that my mother and sister were both women. Thing is I have always looked at a committed relationship as just that, committed, and if I feel the need to wonder outside then something is more than wrong inside the relationship and my head. I am not getting on a morale high horse but god will tell you larry has never cheated in a committed exclusive relationship physically or emotionally. I think more of myself, and have more respect for my partner than do that kind of internal damage, ever. Truth is I don't want to be with someone that doesn't want to be with me. When I got a divorce I thought I will show her. So I started looking for a younger, prettier, smarter replacement. That will get her I thought. Today I am glad I didn't get one and really don't understand what the big hurry was for. Divorce was like having a malignant tumor removed from my soul, that stunted my spiritual growth. Why would I want to rebound with another invasive carcinoma. That is what keeps me single, my selfishness. I have a plan though, I am saving up to buy another house someday. Soon as get the house and move all my stuff in the house and get the house arranged just right the way I want it. I am going down to the local boomerang diner find the generic waitress, an attractive hard- working single-mother and give her my house and all my stuff to keep as hers for good no strings. Then I will just come back to my little trailer and start over. No loving, crying, yelling, cheating, blaming , hurt feelings, lawyers stuff, no nothing , I get to keep my life. I just skipped a few steps is all. Pay it forward karma type thing. Excuse me, I will say "I am looking for my wife are you her?" then have her sign the legal papers and I turn the deed over, and I will just be on my way with a slice of pie, maybe. What's cool about this is that we can still be friends and like each other. I can just imagine how me and the waitress would end up, I think I am right. Rebuttals welcome. What do Venusians think?
…………………….Kosmicdebris

No comments: