Monday, July 2, 2012

camping on the stars






love it or leave it

The president in Washington sends word that he wishes to buy our land. But how can you buy of sell the sky? The land? The idea is strange to us. If we do not own the freshness of the air and the sparkle of the water how can you buy them?

Every part of the earth is sacred to my people. Every shinning pine needle, every sandy shore, every mist in the dark woods, every meadow, every humming insect. All are holy in the memory and experience of my people.

We know the sap which courses through the trees as we know the blood that course through our veins. We are part of the earth and it is part of us. The perfumed flowers are our sisters. The bear, the deer, the great eagle these are our brothers. The rocky crests, the juices in the meadow, the body heat of the pony, and man all belong to the same family.

The shining water that moves in the streams and rivers is not just water, but the blood of our ancestors. If we sell you our land, you must remember that it is sacred. Each ghostly reflection in the clear waters of the lakes tells of events and memories in the life of my people. The waters mummer is the voice of my father's father.
The rivers are our brothers. They quench our thirst. They carry canoes to feed our children. So you must give to the rivers the kindness you would give any brother.

If we sell you our land, remember that the air is precious to us, that the air shares its spirit with all the life it supports. The wind that gave our grandfather his first breath also receives his last. The wind also gives our children the spirit of life. So if we sell you our land, you must keep it apart and sacred, as a place man can go and taste the wind that is sweetened by the meadow flowers.

Will you teach your children what we have taught our children? That the earth is our mother? What befall the earth befalls all the sons of the earth.

This we know: the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. All things are connected like the blood that unites us all. Man did not weave this web of life, he is merely a strand in it. What ever he does to the web, he does to himself.

One thing we know: our god is also your god. The earth is precious to him and to harm the earth is to heap contempt on its creator.

Your destiny is a mystery to us. What will happen when the buffalo are all slaughtered? The wild horses tamed? What will happen when the secret corners of the forest are heavy with the scent on many men and the view of the ripe hills is blotted with talking wires? Where will the thicket be? Gone! Where will the eagle be? Gone! And what is it to say goodbye to the swift pony and the hunt. The end of living and the beginning of survival.

When the last Red Man has vanished with his wilderness and his memory is only a shadow of a cloud moving across the prairie, will these shores and forests still be here? Will there be any of the spirit of my people left?
We love this earth as a newborn loves its mother's heartbeat. So, if we sell you our land, will you love it as we have loved it. Care for it as we have cared for it. Hold in your mind the memory of the land as it is when you receive it. Preserve the land for all children and love it, as God loves us all.

As we are part of this land, you too are part of the land. The earth is precious to us. It is also precious to you. One thing we know: there is only one God. No man, be he Red Man or White Man, can be apart. We are all brothers after all.

This needs nothing added from me, chief Seattle to president Franklin Pierce, 1855. Except this is exactly what's happening in the middle-east. wado
………FREE   LEnaRD  Peltier ……………………….....Kosmicdebris
...need john grish on this, as well as the okla, locust grove girlscout killings. keeping peltier prisioner is the same as the brits keepiing Mary queen of scotts, the french with Marie Ante'ntte  or budika...get it? POLITICAL PRISONER LENARD PELTIER AMERICA FEDERAL United States Department of Interrior,  Please stand up for us..........  you will never kill us all............. zombies



trainspotting
Category: Blogging
Mediocrity, like cancer and addictions are chronic, progressive and fatal. Have you ever been trainspotting?…………Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family, choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electric can openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, a dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suit off the rack that can be purchased in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DYI and wonder who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit crushing reality shows, stuffing fucking junk food in you mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life…………If I had my life to live over again, I'd try to make more mistakes next time. I wouldn't try to be so perfect, I think most of us have perfectionist tendencies. I would relax more. I'd limber up. I'd be sillier than I have been this trip. In fact, I know very few things I would take so seriously. Id be crazier. I'd be less hygienic, and more tolerant. I'd take more chances. I'd take more trips, I climb more mountains, I'd swim more rivers, I'd watch more sunsets, I'd go more places I'd never been to. I'd eat more ice-cream and fewer beans. I'd have more actual troubles and fewer imaginary ones. If I had it to do it all over again, I'd start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I'd ride more horses, I'd watch more sunrises, I'd play with my kids more if I had a do-over. Shot fewer squirrels and more bull. I am glad I started this list while I could still to do something about some of them. Conspicuously absent from the list is anything to do with work or saving or any train-spot. I made a few alterations to my list of 'to dos' before I turn in my room key and I could add other revisions, one would concern something about mate selection and my judgment. The reason I don't have shit now is because I have always lived for the here and now. I have watched more sunrises, sunrises renew my spirit. Made eye contact when I wanted to look down. Walked away from a riotous confrontation . I have read more books, listened attentively to what my elders have to share, just a minute longer than others. Called in sick to play. Went places, experienced stuff. Buddha is so great he states the obvious, The less you have, the less you have to worry about………duh, I thought mom said that when I was packing for summer camp? I will not quote but you can look it up Matthew 16:26, Mark 8:36, Luke 9:25, all clear meanings and Paul made similar references as well. So today I am going to eat out of my special occasion paper plates instead of straight out of the can. Nothing is forever unless you make it better with love. I am inclined to believe the you can't take it with you thought, makes sense to me. Even though me and Henry David Thoreau didn't see eye to eye on some things he did get one thing right when he said. To realize on my death bed that I never really lived at all. Gotta be a bad feeling, realizing a bunch of could' da, would' da, should'da's left on the table when your done. The things I wanted, I was always willing to make the sacrifices to get. Guess what……….. Good job, good family and toys didn't make me happy.  Possession of material riches, without inner peace, is like dying of thirst while swimming in the lake. If material poverty is to be avoided spiritual poverty is to be abhorred! For it is spiritual poverty, not material lack, that lies at the core of all human suffering.
. Are you a Train spotter?
………………………………..............Kosmicdebris

michelle's
Category: Blogging
My happiness is me, not you.
Not only because you may be temporary,
But also because you want me to be what I am not.
I cannot be happy when I change
Merely to satisfy your selfishness.
Nor can I feel content when you criticize me for not
Thinking your thoughts,
Or for seeing like you do.
You call me a rebel.
And yet each time I have rejected your beliefs
You have rebelled against mine.
I do not try to mold your mind.
I know you are trying hard enough just to be you.
And I cannot allow you to tell me what to be--
For I am concentrating on being me.
You said that I was transparent
And easily forgotten.
But why then did you try to use my lifetime
To prove to yourself who you are?

This piece was authored by a young lady known only as Michelle. Robert fulghum wrote a book titled words I wish I wrote, my book would be called words I could have wrote. And this study in agony would be included. I found this small book at the salvation army thrift shop in Tulsa, ok., a book with 30 pages or so of poems and illustrations by Michelle. The book only cost me a quarter, I'd have paid fifty dollars for it. Michelle's book was called 'I am neither a sacrilege or a privilege. I may not be competent or excellent, but I am present." catchy title for me, I dove right into meat of the book and this poem was the first I rudimented over. I didn't let the book out of my physical sight until I had read it all. I started to read the book starting with the pre-face and I cannot tell this any better than her friends…………….Michelle! You were with us for a short time before choosing that fog-swept beach to continue on your way. It was July 1967, and you were only twenty. She left us with twenty-five poems. She found it too hard to be "just me". We hope these poems are presented as you wish, Michelle. You are present, we love you, and we need you, and we promise we will remember, until we meet again……………San Francisco, July 1969--Tahlequah December 2006..12

This is my part to keep Michelle alive. I often wonder what would she have become, one of those great poets when she matured, perhaps. Suicide is the ultimate selfish act against humanity. What if Einstein checked out? Would we be speaking German or Japanese ? Somebody's got to worry about this stuff. Are we doomed because of planned parenthood's so successful. There goes our next great statesman down a 18mm french vaginal lavage tube. As long as I stay curious I am ok. The guy that was supposed to be inventing the cloaking device(so we can see the aliens) is stuck in a Petri dish farming a cloned patch of stem-cell sphincters. Wtf? Now I have contributed to the gene pool all I am going to. Some should certainly not be allowed to propagate the species, is what I think. Conception is a miracle to me. My life, my breath is Gods gift to me. What I do with that life is my gift to God.
………………………………........Kosmicdebris
wasp

No comments: