Tuesday, July 31, 2012

my sweet Lord

the love way of love.

ME:
Of those who love you as the Lord of Love,
Ever present in all, and those who seek you
As the nameless, formless Reality,
Which way is sure and swift, love or knowledge?

GOD:
For those who set their hearts on me
And worship me with unfailing devotion and faith,
The way of love leads sure and swift to me.

Those who seek the transcendental Reality,
Unmanifested, without name or form,
Beyond the reach of feeling and of thought,
With their senses subdued and mind serene
And striving for the good of all beings,
They too will verily come unto me.

Yet hazardous
And slow is the path to the Unrevealed,
Difficult for physical man to tread.
But they for whom I am the goal supreme,
Who do all work renouncing self for me
And meditate on me with single-hearted devotion,
These will I swiftly rescue
From the fragment's cycle of birth and death
To fullness of eternal life in me.

Still your mind in me, still yourself in me,
And without doubt you shall be united with me,
Lord of Love, dwelling in your heart.
But if you cannot still your mind in me,
Learn to do so through the practice of meditation.
If you lack the will for such self-discipline,
Engage yourself in selfless service of all around you,
For selfless service can lead you at last to me.
If you are unable to do even this,
Surrender yourself to me in love,
Receiving success and failure with equal calmness
As granted by me.

Better indeed is knowledge than mechanical practice.
Better than knowledge is meditation.
But better still is surrender in love,
Because there follows immediate peace.

That one I love who is incapable of ill will,
And returns love for hatred.
Living beyond the reach of I and mine
And of pleasure and pain, full of mercy,
Contented, self-controlled, firm in faith,
With all their heart and all their mind given to me –
With such people I am in love.

Not agitating the world or by it agitated,
They stand above the sway of elation,
Competition, and fear, accepting life
Good and bad as it comes. They are pure,
Efficient, detached, ready to meet every demand
I make on them as a humble instrument of my work.

They are dear to me who run not after the pleasant
Or away from the painful, grieve not
Over the past, lust not today,
But let things come and go as they happen.

Who serve both friend and foe with equal love,
Not buoyed up by praise or cast down by blame,
Alike in heat and cold, pleasure and pain,
Free from selfish attachments and self-will,
Ever full, in harmony everywhere,
Firm in faith – such as these are dear to me.

But dearest to me are those who seek me
In faith and love as life's eternal goal.
They go beyond death to immortality.


In February of 1977 I had the privilege of flying to San Francisco out of Dallas to catch my overseas flight; a MAC flight out of Travis AFB to Korea via Japan. But anyway, at sfn airport there were these Hare Krishna's that literally pounce on folks and can spot a country bumpkin for across the tarmac. Man they swarmed me, they knew I was holde'n dollars, ya' think my duffle bag labeled Japan air lines was que?
 About five or six groups of 50 groups of five or six. Just blew my mind, I was thinking I am going to hell; they are going abduct me, and brain-wash me; I really was scared of them; I read the family, and was sure hope'n they caught all them Manson people. They was wearing gowns and robes yellow and purple and gold, and ball-headed ever single one of them. I knew right away there wasn't any women in the group, I decided right then I wasn't joining. So to get them away from me I threw 10 bucks in their pot hop'in they would back off. They did; but two of them followed me to my gate. I could not shake them they was trying to give me a book and they wasn't taking no for an answer. I finally took the book to get rid of them and they left me alone after that and walked off. After they got out of sight I went in the men's room and threw the book away like a good Baptist boy should do. Had I known this song/poem/meditation/prayer was in that book I would sill have the damn thing. The book was the bhagavad-gita the song of our lord. If you sing this song you will get closer to the source whether you want to or not. I like prayers. I believe god answers prayers, some prayers like st. franny of Assisi prayer, pray that one as a believer and you will get hardship and sorrow much long-suffering; it is a totally unselfish communion with god. When you pray for Polaris you get them both equally. If you only pray for love y our proverbial fountains overflow exponentially!! Lets all share one moment of warm fuzzy: I love you all. I am going to train me a bunch of kindergarten teachers. It is the only hope man will survive in the cyber-age. We have got to feed our youth better information if they are to last longer than the sun. When shit starts dying off, we/your next. My theory, my thesis will be called : the collapsing domino effect of the human catastrophic failure of the echo-system to support O2 and H2O demands, we are destroying our biologic lungs and kidneys as sure as a drunk is thirsty, due to over consumption of the natural resources. They have, i.e. any ancient organism, become extinct. Maybe we can evolve us some new kind'da gill looking thangies, I been seeing people with peculiar looking side flaps? Or learn to live at the poles. For a few thousand years. Supported by Halliburton engineers and contractors. (It's mighty strange that Halliburton on word has auto capital sir name, auto-spell correct minor vowel issues. Type in Swartz and it fixes it). I sometimes I don't get a good feeling about mankind's ultimate end or beginning. There is too many cruel people in the world to be an accident. Is what I think. Our youth someday will have to realize and correct. Minimize and neutralize today's mistakes, I believe we have ill equipt them for, only marginal success at best, in the future. Mediocrity reins supreme…………………Kosmicdebris

No comments: